13 Records to Set Many A Tone.
Here are some facts to stamp your brain with.
- The symbolic meaning of number thirteen receives a shady interpretation inNorse myth, when an honorary banquet was held in Valhalla for Baldur (god of nobility, redemption and admirable strength) among other twelve Norse gods. Loki (the trickster) came to the banquet as the uninvited thirteenth guest.
- There are 13 notes, by inclusive counting, in a full chromatic musical octave.
- In the Mayan Tzolk'in calendar, trecenas mark cycles of 13-day periods. The pyramids are also set up in 9 steps divided into 7 days and 6 nights, 13 days total.
- A baker's dozen, devil's dozen, long dozen, or long measure is 13, one more than a standard dozen.
- In the standard 52-card deck of playing cards there are four suits, each of 13 ranks.