8-bit chip-style synthesiser module with 64 preset memory banks
Notes: The Twisted Electrons AY3 MKII 8-Bit Synthesizer is a compact, synthesizer module featuring dual 8912 chips that deliver 6 voice polyphony. The AY3 MKII 8-Bit Synthesizer brings back the nostalgia of 8-bit sounds, allowing you to create everything from arpeggiated sounds to sequences and more. The 3-voice programmable sound generator includes 5 pots and 1 endless encoder with a push button for optimal control, allowing you to sculpt and mould the sound to your desire. The sounds the AY3 MKII produces are borrowed and influenced from classic arcade games and video game consoles such as the Amstrad CPC, Sinclair Spectrum and more. The built-in step sequencer and 4 arpeggiator modes allow you to create sequences and rhythms on the fly, with full stereo sound for optimal audio quality.
New look, new feel:
- Ay3 has been upgraded featuring a slick rugged brushed aluminium case and the highest quality bolted potentiometers and metal knobs.
- The instrument is more compact now measuring only 14 cm x 10 cm x 4.5 cm
- The functionality and layout are the same and the firmware is cross compatible between MKI and MKII.
- MIDI in (3.5mm midi cable supplied)
- 2x Audio Out
- DC In (power supply suited for your region supplied)
Versatile voltage generator module with 16 touch-sensitive pads
Notes: The Twisted Electrons Cells features 16 touch-sensitive pads including integral LED lights to give visual feedback on which pads are activated. The Eurorack style module can be fed up to two 12-bit values (semi-tone quantized or free scale) ranging from 0 to 5 volts. This duophonic rack-style instrument is primarily made for generating low-bit tones but can be also used to modulate parameters such as filters or amps and anything else that features a CV input. You can use the module as a sequencer using the 2 trigger inputs with the left input shifting up a row and the right input shifting right by one column. The handmade design features 2 CV/gate outputs, 2 tune buttons and 2 trigger inputs for optimal versatility, allowing you to use the Twisted Electrons Cells for a range of modulation applications.
- Tap a pad to select it
- Hold a tune button to engage the "feeding process" (left button for channel 1, right for channel 2).
- Adjust a knob to the desired pitch (left knob for channel 1, right for channel 2).
- So long as a tune button is held, the output is automatically changed as you move the knob
- Release the button, pitch information is stored to Eeprom
You can toggle between free scaling and semi-tone increment modes by pressing both tune buttons simultaneously.
- Press a pad to trigger both gate and CV outputs
- Hold 2 or more pads and Cells will arpeggiate, the rate can now be changed with the left knob. The right knob changes the octave range.
- Sequence the cells using the 2 trigger inputs. The left input shifts up a row and the right input shifts right by one column
- The gate outputs mirror the trigger inputs.
- Cells requires +5V DC power to operate, as well as +/- 12V. On-board 12V to 5V conversion is provided if 5V isn't available in your system. This is configured via a jumper on the rear of the module