The VCF-74 is a 14HP voltage controlled filter in Eurorack format. VCF-74 features a dual analogue high-pass and low-pass filter, cascaded (series, from HP > LP). The discrete diode filter circuit is inspired by the 1970s Univox Mini-Korg synthesizer's "Traveller" filter section which provides warm, organic sound to your modular system. However, this design was not only adapted for Eurorack, but is feature enhanced for a wide array of possible filter characteristics.
A stage boost switch allows you to drive the 2nd filter section (Low-Pass) with a +5.3dB signal boost from the High-Pass output signal creating a warm saturation and varied resonance to signal ratio / dynamics. Independent manual resonance controls per filter section allows you to fine-tune a wide variety of focused sound. Input and Output level controls allow you to optimize dynamic range, including how hard you drive the filter--which drastically changes the dynamic interplay between signal and harmonic resonance. Both High-Pass and Low-Pass circuits have independent cutoff controls. Independent CV inputs for cutoff and resonance of each filter section, and attenuation / gain for CV to cutoff provide superior control over filter behaviour. The VCF-74 can be set up as a Low-Pass, High-Pass, or Band-Pass filter. Width of the Band-Pass can be adjusted by simply dialling in the offset controls appropriately.
What are the changes for the new MK2 version of VCF-74?
- The faceplate will look exactly the same, except the addition of "MK2" nomenclature screen printed
- The audio signal path will have slightly lower frequency response as a result of component value changes
- The audio signal path will now use fewer coupling capacitors (more direct-coupled circuits mean better performance, less slewing).
- Added buffer circuits at the input and final filter-to-output stage (which will improve performance)
- Added calibration trim-pots for resonance control.
- Revised "local" power supply filtering scheme to improve PSR for the discrete (Class-A) filter stages.
- Added ESD protection (ESD suppressor diodes) to each front panel jack.
- Changed power inlet header from 16P to 10P.
- Widened range for LOW PASS cutoff control
Note: Depth is now 29mm (current draw is the same as 41mA for +12V, and 48mA for -12V
|Module Type||Voltage Controlled Filter (VCF)|
|Dimensions (mm)||70 x 45 x 128|
If you decide an equipment item is not suitable within 10 days of delivery, you can return it to us for a replacement or refund. Returns must be unused and in their original, undamaged packaging.
Some items are excluded from our money back guarantee, including:
• Computer software that has been unsealed or registered
• Any item that comes directly into contact with the nose, ears or mouth
To arrange a return, just contact our customer service department on 020 7424 2800 or email us at email@example.com